Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Mile 1043.0: a lovely day

7/13/2010
Something strange happenned today for the first time in a long while: I kept up. I'm starting to feel good again after nearly a month of not really feeling bad, but dragging nonetheless. The terrain helped: the climbs and descents were not very arduous or long, and there were six or so miles after lunch of gently rolling climbing. The views told me we were slowly gaining elevation, but no part of my body was screaming the same. It was nice. Plus the views were gorgeous, the sheer granite cliffs of the high Sierra has been largely replaced with volcanic formations, and they look just as cool to me. My right foot, which I crunched trying to roll my ankle in burly boots going down Silver Pass, miraculously stopped hurting, which made a big difference.

- Typoed on my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment