Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Mile 1919ish: Maiden Peak ski hut

8/26/2010

The Oregon-hiking was at it's best today: easy terrain, gorgeous views, plentiful water (as lakes), cool weather, and blue/huckleberries. Microburst and Sweet 16 stopped into Shelter Cove Resort since we'll be getting to the first access point to Sisters on a Sunday, when the PO is closed. I'll go in then anyway to see Cindy, my friend Amy's mom. We're going to meet up with them in Sisters on Monday, and then head out- me having skipped 16 miles in order to spend more time with Cindy.

I think I could move to Oregon just for its backcountry Nordic skiing opportunities. We're staying in the Maiden Peak shelter right now. It's super nice. Too bad my powdered goat milk exploded all over my foodbag- huge mess, the Reese's Micro brought back from Shelter Cove helped with my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment